TKES 2, 4, 5: Curriculum & Program Development for Gifted-Heard Co. Invitation Only (SD21-057)
Mon, Feb 15, 2021 - Mon, Apr 26, 2021
Mon, Feb 15, 2021
Mon, Apr 26, 2021
Tue, Feb 09, 2021
Mon, Feb 08, 2021
Course Description More Details
This course is for teachers prepariing for the Gifted In-Field certification endorsement. It is one in a series of four courses required by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission for adding the endorsement for Gifted In-Field to a Georgia teaching certificate. The purpose of this course is to introduce candidates to the educational principles that offer appropriate foundations for the development of differentiated programming and curriculum for gifted learners and to familiarize them with current trends related to program design, implementation, and intervention.
- What key beliefs, theoretical models, and educational principles support curriculum planning for gifted learners?
- Can instructional methods and evaluation techniques be differentiated to meet the unique learning needs of each gifted student?
- How can the key learning realms (thinking skills, communication skills, and research skills) be synthesized to provide for the optimal development of gifted students across the various curriculum areas?
- Why is it necessary to design multiple strategies for assessing learning outcomes and program effectiveness in gifted education?
- What current educational issues, policies and practices influence curriculum development and program planning for gifted students?
Minimum Class Size: 10
Participants who viewed this course also viewed:
|Old Course Number||N/A|
|Delivery Methods||Online (100% Virtual - synchronous)|