TKES 1,2,3: Characteristics of the Gifted Student (SD22-003)
Mon, Jun 14, 2021 - Mon, Aug 23, 2021
Mon, Jun 14, 2021
Mon, Aug 23, 2021
Mon, Jun 07, 2021
Mon, Jun 07, 2021
Course Description More Details
Please Note: Applicants must complete a Gifted Endorsement Candidate Application Form to be approved by RESA to enter the Gifted Endorsement Program and/or attend Gifted courses. For more information (such as criteria for entering the program and prerequisites) or questions, please click here or please contact Lori Thompson 770-583-2528.
This course is for teachers preparing for the Gifted In-Field certification endorsement. It is the required first course in a series of four courses required by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission for adding the endorsement for Gifted In-Field to a Georgia teaching certificate. The purpose of this course is to demonstrate knowledge of the unique learning needs of gifted learners and the major instructional goals appropriate for meeting those needs.
- What would be identified as the major characteristics of gifted students?
- How would different manifestations of ability (artistic, mathematical, musical, etc.) be described as gifted?
- What is the relationship between gifted identification practices in schools and theoretical constructs?
- What environmental and cultural factors inhibit the development of individual talents and affect the instruction of gifted learners?
- Could a case be made for giftedness in terms of brain function (nature) versus nurture?
- How can various theories of giftedness exist?
Target Audience: Special enrollment criteria applies.
Participants will need a laptop and internet access
Minimum Class Size: 10
Participants who viewed this course also viewed:
|Old Course Number||N/A|
|Delivery Methods||Online (100% Virtual - asynchronous)|