TKES 1, 2, 10: K-5 Math Endorsement Course 1 (SD22-010)
Mon, Aug 23, 2021 - Mon, Nov 01, 2021
Mon, Aug 23, 2021
Mon, Nov 01, 2021
Fri, Aug 13, 2021
Mon, Aug 16, 2021
Course Description More Details
Participants will gain an understanding of the cognitive processes in problem solving, common problem types and student reasoning, strategies to promote student reasoning, as well as the vertical progression of learning mathematics.
Participants will need internet acess and a laptop.
K-5 Math Endorsement Program
The K-5 Math Endorsement Program provides teachers with the skills to provide expert, high-quality instruction in K-5 mathematics.
The target audience for these classes consists of master teachers with a minimum of three years experience that have been recommended into the program by school administrators.
Candidate criteria are as follows:
- Clear renewable teaching certificate*
- Satisfactory annual evaluations
- Commitment to develop methods and materials for use with K-5 Mathematics students
- Mature, experienced, self-confident
- Willingness to learn skills to work with high-level learners
- Capable of teaching all students with engaging, relevant math instruction
- Relates well to all students
- Imaginative and flexible
- Approval of designated school administrator and the system-level curriculum director and/or content coordinator
West Georgia RESA is committed to provide a high-quality program that is standards-based, results-driven and focused on quality work of educators.
To become a candidate for West Georgia RESA's K-5 Math endorsement program, one must complete and submit an application. The application must be approved by both the school principal and the central office designee and then submitted to RESA prior to being accepted in the program.
Click here to complete endorsement application
K-5 Math Endorsement Handbook
In the three course sequence candidates must successfully complete each course prior to being recommended for endorsement to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
We welcome your interest in our endorsement classes. For more information regarding our class offerings, you may contact Lori Thompson at 770-583-2528 or email her at Lori Thompson
Participants who viewed this course also viewed:
|Old Course Number||N/A|
|Delivery Methods||Online (100% Virtual - asynchronous)|