Curriculum & Program Development for Gifted Vidalia Schools Only (SD24-143)
Mon, Jan 08, 2024 - Thu, Feb 08, 2024
Vidalia City BOE
Vidalia City BOE
Course Description URL
Mon, Jan 08, 2024
Thu, Feb 08, 2024
Course Description More Details
This course is for teachers preparing for the Gifted In-Field certification endorsement. It is one in a series of four courses required by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission for adding the endorsement for Gifted In-Field to a Georgia teaching certificate. The purpose of this course is to introduce candidates to the educational principles that offer appropriate foundations for the development of differentiated programming and curriculum for gifted learners and to familiarize them with current trends related to program design, implementation, and intervention.
Each class meeting will be in person from 4:00-9:00 at Vidalia High School.
January 8, 2024
January 11, 2024
January 16, 2024
January 18, 2024
January 23, 2024
January 25, 2024
January 30, 2024
February 1, 2024
February 6, 2024
February 8, 2024
- What key beliefs, theoretical models, and educational principles support curriculum planning for gifted learners?
- Can instructional methods and evaluation techniques be differentiated to meet the unique learning needs of each gifted student?
- How can the key learning realms (thinking skills, communication skills, and research skills) be synthesized to provide for the optimal development of gifted students across the various curriculum areas?
- Why is it necessary to design multiple strategies for assessing learning outcomes and program effectiveness in gifted education?
- What current educational issues, policies and practices influence curriculum development and program planning for gifted students?
Gifted Endorsement Program Handbook
Participants who viewed this course also viewed:
|Old Course Number||N/A|
|Delivery Methods||Traditional Classroom (Face-to-Face)|